Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thankful



If somehow you happen to be the only person that is not my mom reading this blog, and you haven't heard the news, I have an announcement:

 And


It says “Easy Bake” on the front..

Can you connect the dots?
Yep. After a lot of waiting and praying and learning about Him, we have been overwhelmed by His undeserved blessing.
And now, being only 7 weeks away from my due date, I can sit back and see how perfect His timing is.
So often, while I was waiting I was reminded of this:
“Child of weakness watch and pray, find in Me thine all in all.”
I feel that the Lord was so tender with me through it all, not dealing with me harshly in my discontent, but gently. Reminding me time and again how blessed I already was, how blessed I was with a wonderful husband, family, friends, and all the comforts life can offer, how could I think I needed more?
And now, I am so thankful for that waiting period, for the tears, because I feel that I caught a closer glimpse of who the Lord is and His deep love for me, for Eric and I.
This all can sound very trite as I think of so many friends and loved ones who still are waiting, but either way, I am reminded that the Lord is good, and sometimes we can only fully understand that in hard times.
“It would have been enough, but You blessed us more.”

4 comments:

  1. I am one of those people who isn't your mom, but reads your blog :) hehe I'm soooo sooo soo excited for you and Eric! Can't wait to meet your new bundle of joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts Stephie. Yes, the Lord is so good to us undeserving people. You look so sweet in the picture. So happy for you and Eric. You won't believe how wonderful it is to hold that new born baby in your arms! Love you!
    Auntie Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of those people, too, Steph :) Thanks for updating. Looking forward to meeing the new bundle of joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post :-) love the doggy shirt too, haha
    -Grace

    ReplyDelete