Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Peaches and Cream

 

One of my new favorite recipes of the summer, and oh so simple.

tumblr_lo5qq5fYoU1qa20meo1_500_large

credit: http://weheartit.com/entry/12046329

Peaches and Cream

3-4 peaches (very ripe)

1 cup cream cheese

2-3 TB honey

1-2 tsp vanilla

1-2 TB brown sugar

dash of cinnamon

dash of nutmeg

1/2 cup of white sugar

1.5 cups of walnuts

CIMG0104

Soften the cream cheese in the microwave and then mix in the brown sugar, vanilla, and spices.

Next, saute the walnuts with white sugar and butter

Pit the peaches, and place face down on the grill for about 10 minutes or until they have nice grill marks on them. Next turn the peaches over and put a large dollop of the cream cheese mixture in each pit opening and leave on the grill until the cream cheese is warmed. After the peaches are done, drizzle each liberally with honey, and then sprinkle plenty of the sautéed walnuts on top.

2 comments:

  1. weell welcome back!

    I can not wait to try this! Seriously. We usually buy a case of peaches ea year this time from a truck that comes straight from CO or GA. They're SO good! I might have to get some and try this tomorrow... so glad you shared!

    We didn't try the chickens yet. Maybe Friday. THey better be good! Lots of work into those babies! I wish we could order another batch right now, but I guess it would be too hard to feed and take care of them through the LONG winter. :( Funny thing with the eye doc we saw, he grew up taking care of 3000 chickens every day! No machines. Fed and watering them! But he said in his 30 yrs of practice this was a first for him. :) Just thankful he's ok. :) We're praying hard for the safety of these 2 boys (and also saving some moola up just in case;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Stephie...this looks amazing.
    I like coming over here and seeing what you post...usually makes me laugh. :)
    Unfortunately I don't think I can come to the Labor Day Conference even though I would love to. But I'll see you sometime...
    Love you!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete