Sunday, September 12, 2010

To decorate, or not to decorate: that is the question!

 

The other day as I was walking through Wal-Mart (I promise I don’t usually shop there! I needed an oil change, give me a break!) I found this wonderful candle, caramel apple flavored and only 5 bucks! It smells heavenly… and it is getting me in the mood for fall! (as is this leaf I sneaked from my neighbors yard)

CIMG0109

 

Fall is my favorite season, with the pumpkin spice lattes, fall leaves, smells in the air (is that just rotting leaves?), the sweaters, and in general the pumpkin flavored everything. It’s quite possible I like fall just for the food, and maybe my brown suede boots that I can finally wear again.

But, as much as I love fall, and decorating for fall, as a Minnesotan I feel that it is less than wise to rush summer. Who knows if we will ever see it again! Those 9 month winters get awfully dangerous.

So as I ponder this oh so important question, I will let this box of decorations stare up at me woefully.

CIMG0099

Have any of you decorated yet?

2 comments:

  1. Fall is my absolute favorite too! Love everything about it- the smell in the air and changes all around, the cool weather, the food, the colors, mine and Carly's birthdays and of course, many, many moons ago it used to be the start of v-ball and football seasons!

    Yes- I decorated about a week ago one day after the girls and I cleaned the house. Pretty fast now with 3 girls, and they really got into it!

    You better work on that box!

    btw...what do you have planned say, Thur or Friday?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Sounds so fun decorating with your girls! I have a very open schedule both Thurs and Friday! Are you going to be around?

    ReplyDelete